Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An SEO Expert That's Right For You!

Having been in the business of Internet marketing and SEO in Mumbai for the past few years, I have often been asked if SEO or search optimization is applicable and realistic for small businesses, home businesses and budding entrepreneurs.

Whether it's applicable for a garage enterprise, a local business or a large corporate is not the real question to be answered. The real question here is - Can the prospect of targeting billions of Internet users world-wide searching daily for news, entertainment, businesses, products and services be avoided by any smart businessmen?

Answering this part was easy, but what gets tricky is how to go about choosing a SEO expert and building an Internet marketing strategy that's right for your business.

The issue is that even businesses that are aware of the benefits of SEO and Internet marketing are not sure which way is the right way to go. And I don't blame them. After all there are so many misleading guarantees flying around, SEO gurus and experts who claim they have found the secret key to driving traffic and business, and the stories of websites who claim to be generating thousands of hits without raising a finger does not lessen the pressure to get it right.

So in this confusing marketplace, how is one to go about choosing a SEO professional right for your business?

There are no shortcuts in life. It's the same way if you want to hire a SEO professional and come up with a winning SEO strategy that works for you, then its best that you understand whatsoever you can about the ground realities of search engine optimization.

No I am not asking you to all to become SEO experts and spend your days and (probably) nights identifying the right keywords, optimizing the pages, creating compelling content, building quality links, checking and tweaking for rankings, analyzing analytics reports, analyzing competitors strategies, keeping up with search engine algorithms, and promoting your website across social networking and social bookmarking sites, blogs, RSS feeds and article submission sites. After all then I would be out of business.

There are many things the SEO expert, or a SEO company will not tell you. It's not that they are liars; they just don't feel you will be able to understand if told the naked truth. After all no one wants to be a wet blanket and destroy your dreams of achieving top rankings, and making your millions.

I hope to shed light on some of the blocks in your mind, before you go ahead and identify a SEO expert that's right for you.

SEO is for technology buffs, I am from marketing and sales.

I know my business, product and service better than anyone else. Why do I need a SEO
expert to identify winning keywords?

I boast a list of 200 keywords all listed on my home page, how can I miss?

I have read an article or two about SEO, and I know what works best.

I have applied the right keywords, and meta tags to all pages, now all I have to do is wait
for the magic to begin.

I have built links for 2 months, now I can rest.

The more links I build the better will be my rankings, quantity is the only factor.

As long as I apply the best SEO strategies, I do not need to create interesting content.

In two months my site will be optimized, I can then reap the benefits for years to come.

I have a serious business - social networking and bookmarking sites are for kids.

I am ranked number one, now I can rest.

Note that each of the above statements is partially false, and if we tell you the whole truth, you will feel we are the liars. So choosing the right SEO expert for your company is not so much about finding a good vendor (all good companies know how to do that), but about clearing the misconceptions about SEO in your mind, so that when the right SEO guy walks in through that door, grab him and don't let go.

PS: In case I have missed out anything in my list above, please add to my comments.

Nevil Darukhanawala, SEO Expert Mumbai, SEO Services Mumbai

http://www.seo-optimization-experts.com/seoblog.html

No comments:

Recent Posts